Manages pain, reduces inflammation, and speeds your recovery.
What is Laser Therapy? MLS laser therapy is a non-invasive, safe, and effective treatment that uses light energy to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote wound healing, and repair soft tissue. Our MLS laser is the only multi-wave locked, fully robotic laser therapy system available. This means deeper penetration with no heat, and the synchronized wavelengths cause a metabolic reaction in your cells that stimulates healing and pain relief.
The MLS laser converts light into biochemical energy (much like the process of photosynthesis in plants) to promote normal cell function to reduce pain and speed recovery of damaged cells by stimulating your body’s natural healing process. MLS lasers increase circulation, sending oxygen and blood to the treated area, which stimulates tissue healing, including cell repair and healthy tissue growth.
Since no heating is involved, MLS laser therapy can be used with surgical or metal implants and it is extremely effective for post-operative wound healing.
How does it help patients?
Benefits of MLS laser therapy include:
- Rapid pain relief
- Reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation
- Faster healing of sprains and strains
- Faster repair of damaged cells
- Improves circulation, closes wounds quickly, and reduces scar tissue formation
- Improves immune system response
- Enhances lymphatic drainage
- Improves nerve function
What conditions does it treat?
MLS laser therapy is used for treatment of:
- Sore muscles, muscle strains, sprains, and partial tears
- Slipped or bulging discs and spinal compression
- Non-displaced fractures
- Healing wounds
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Degenerative joint conditions
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Neurological and general pain
- Pre- and post-surgical pain
- Specific neurological conditions (such as trigeminal neuralgia, peripheral neuropathy, tarsal tunnel)
How is MLS Laser Therapy Performed?
The MLS laser is fully robotic and is placed 8” above your skin, allowing the deep healing energy to penetrate and repair your soft tissue and enhance your body’s natural healing ability. There is little or no sensation or pain during treatment. MLS laser therapy is relaxing and some people even fall asleep. Treatments typically last 15 to 20 minutes. Following your treatments you may also be given some additional therapies, or be provided somethings you can do at your own time with our home health care products and suggestions.
To learn more about MLS Laser Therapy in Libertyville, Highland Park, Lake Forest, Deerfield or any city in Lake County, call us today at (847) 680-3900 to schedule a free consultation.