Dr. Saldanha is a founding member of Midwest Anesthesia and Pain Specialists. He is double-board certified in both anesthesiology and pain medicine. During his training at the University of Illinois, he was chief resident during his final year of residency. In addition, he was recognized with the Walter Kowalski achievement award for most outstanding new resident during his training. He has presented his research in numerous national conferences in the fields of neurobiology, chemistry, anesthesiology, and pain medicine.
In addition to providing clinical care, Dr. Saldanha has an interest in developing innovative models for healthcare delivery. He has an extensive background in healthcare management and administration. He is also the founder of the Hyde Park Surgical Center, a state-licensed, multi-specialty outpatient surgical center focused on the care of work-related musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Saldanha is a compassionate physician who is driven to provide healthcare to patients, regardless of background. He founded a free healthcare clinic serving patients in underserved areas in Chicago which has since provided care to thousands of patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Dr. Pontinen is a double-board certified anesthesiologist and interventional pain medicine specialist, and co-founder of Midwest Anesthesia and Pain Specialists. In addition to training under some of the nation’s top experts in anesthesiology and pain medicine, he has also undergone formal training as a resident in general surgery, which allows him to perform the most innovative procedures in pain medicine safely and skillfully.
Dr. Pontinen has published multiple journal articles, written textbook chapters and has presented at international conferences in the fields of surgery, anesthesiology, and pain medicine. His research on chronic wound pain was featured in Pain Medicine News, the nation’s top source of information in the field of pain medicine for healthcare professionals.
Aside from his research, he is a compassionate physician who works daily to help his patients regain their lives and get back to doing the activities they love. He is passionate about treating the most complex pain cases in a comprehensive, integrative and holistic approach, combining multiple treatment modalities with the most innovative, minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Pontinen also volunteers with various international organizations, including Doctors Without Borders, the world’s largest and most important health care related volunteer organization. Through them, he is able to travel to the most unstable parts of the world, providing medical care to those most in need. He is also an avid snowboarder, mountain climber, and drummer.
Our considerate and reliable Medical Director Dr. Julia Millman M.D is an Anesthesiologist and has extensive training in procedures requiring anesthetizing patients using needles and finesse. It is her passion to provide patients with safe and effective treatments.
Heidi is our highly qualified and gifted nurse practitioner. Heidi has a true passion for Regenerative Medicine and improving the lives of our patients through PRP and Regenerative Stem Cell procedures.
With 20+ years of experience in providing injections for medical therapies, she has quickly adapted her skill through specialized training in regenerative medicine and has provided us with accurate and quality procedures here at Affinity Integrated Healthcare since 2015.
- Heidi received her BSN from University of Wisconsin, Madison. MSN in Burn / Trauma Nursing from University of Cincinnati.
- Nurse Practitioner certificate from Ball State University.
- Practiced as an RN for over 20 years.
- Career spanned ICU and ER nursing and included nurse educator for a flight team in Minnesota.
- Has practiced as a Nurse Practitioner for over 12 years.
- Practice sites include Regenerative Medicine, Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- Sanjoy Roy, PT has over a decade of physical therapy experience, ranging from hospital to private outpatient settings.
- He has been a director, clinical instructor, guest lecturer, business owner, entrepreneur, and has dedicated his life to bringing quality care to his patients.
- He is especially skilled in manual therapy, joint mobilization, dry needling/acupuncture and has a keen interest in treatments of spine pathologies and sports injuries.
- He has certifications from the McKenzie Institute USA, and is a certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist from the National Sports & Conditioning Association.
- In his spare time, Sanjoy is a husband, father, participates as a Toastmaster, enjoys reading books on finance/value investing, and trains for triathlons.
- Practiced chiropractic medicine for over 25 years and treated thousands of patients in the northern Chicago suburbs.
- Pioneered interactive chiropractic/physical medicine concept by co-working with physical therapists, clinical massage therapists, trainers, and medical doctors.
- Completed 6 additional years in orthopedics and rehabilitation training to effectively manage multi-discipline practice.
- Studied in Prague, Czech Republic, to learn advanced methods of treatment.
- Post Graduate Diplomate Program in Rehabilitation, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.
- Post Graduate Diplomate Program in Orthopedics, National College of Chiropractic.
- Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine, Western States Chiropractic College.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Southern Illinois University.
- Practiced chiropractic medicine for 15 years; in the northern Chicago suburbs for the last 13 years.
- Worked directly with medical doctors in multidisciplinary health clinics.
- Certified in Graston technique, upper extremities Active Release technique and Kinesio-taping.
- Trained in Cox Technic Flexion Distraction therapy; over 100 hours of acupuncture instruction.
- Member of American Chiropractic Association.
- Worked as a pharmacy technician during undergraduate studies.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, National University of Health Science.
- B.S. in Biology, National University of Health Science.
- B.A. in Psychology and B.A. in Sociology, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Dan Kellams grew up in southern Indiana, where he attended Indiana University and then University of Louisville in Louisville Kentucky for sports sciences.
Dan went on to attend the acclaimed American College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) where he received his training and studies in acupuncture, herbology, Tai Chi, Tui-Na (oriental massage) and Qi-Gong. Dan earned his Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in 2009. He completed his clinical internship at the prestigious Methodist Hospital in the Houston Medical Center where his passion for advanced integrative therapies grew. Dan earned his DACM specializing in integrative approaches in 2020.
Dan has been heavy involved in integrative, functional and restorative medicine for over a decade. He enjoys both being a clinician, an avid researcher and an educator in integrative therapies as well as proponent of whole body treatment strategies that focus on the central idea that "the power that made the body has the power to heal the body." Aside from being a the Wellness Coordinator at Peak Vitality in Denver Colorado, Dan also travels the country to consult, educate and coach other clinicians on auto-immunity, chronic illness and difficult health cases.
As a provider at Chicago Chiropractic Center in Chicago’s South Loop, Anne Gordon, DC, is a chiropractic physician experienced in a number of innovative techniques for improving the total health and wellness of patients. Dr. Gordon has received extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries and is certified in motion palpating, sacro occipital, and flexion distraction techniques, as well as acupuncture.
Dr. Gordon values the power of chiropractic techniques when used in combination with physical, massage, and craniosacral therapies, as well as good nutrition. She also focuses on the many benefits of integrative medicine, such as stem cell therapy, to address chronic pain in the shoulders, back, and neck.
Earning her bachelor’s degree in both business and psychology at Ithaca University in New York, Dr. Gordon also received a bachelor’s degree in human biology from the National College of Health Sciences in Lombard, Illinois, where she later achieved her doctor of chiropractic. Her internship at their on-campus outpatient clinic and at additional private practices led to Dr. Gordon’s completion of a postgraduate diplomate program in rehabilitation at the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.
A Connecticut native, Dr. Gordon has called Chicago home for more than 22 years and has lived in the Loop for much of the time. She is dedicated to creating a welcoming environment that addresses both the chiropractic care and the wellness needs of each patient through customized treatment plans.
Robin received her degree in physical therapy from Boston University, Sargent College of Allied Health in 1992. She has worked as a physical therapist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in the general acute setting, Children's Memorial Hospital (Lurie) and Arlington Pediatric Therapy in Arlington Heights.
Robin Page has been specializing in pediatrics working with children ages birth through 16 years-old. She treats various diagnoses including sports injuries, developmental issues, and neurological injuries. Her continuing education has focused on Kinesio taping, serial casting, building strength, improving alignment and functional mobility. She has a special interest in the respiratory system and how breathing relates to movement.
Robin realized that in addition to strengthening and function she also wanted to affect positive lifestyle changes for her clients. To address her concerns, she became a certified wellness coach through WellCoaches in 2016. According to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) the definition of wellness is "a multidimensional state of being describing the existence of positive health in an individual as exemplified by quality of life and a sense of wellbeing."
Furthermore, the APTA believes that "physical therapists are uniquely qualified to assume leadership positions in efforts to prevent injury and disability, and fully supports the positive roles that physical therapists play in the promotion of healthy lifestyles, wellness and injury prevention." In adding wellness coaching to her practice, Robin embraced an opportunity to provide holistic education and PT services to her clients. This new approach includes the connection between behaviors such as physical activity, nutrition, stress reduction and sleep to promote overall wellbeing.
- Combined over 60 years practicing physical therapy, strength training and advanced therapeutic techniques.
- Experienced team collaboration with physicians and clinical massage therapists to enhance patient outcomes.
- Physical Therapist Assistant degree.
- Combined team certifications and rich experience include: American Council on Exercise certified personal trainer, Graston technique, Craniosacral therapy, MLS laser therapy, accelerated recovery performance, electrical muscle stimulation, Kinesio-taping, and traction.
- Coursework includes anatomy, spinal rehabilitation, manual therapy, ultrasound, advanced therapeutic technique, exercise nutrition, and Young Living essential oils.
- All Affinity physical therapists are licensed in Illinois and actively participate in continuing education.
- Combined over 70 years practicing clinical massage therapy and team collaboration with physicians, physical therapists, and advanced techniques therapists to enhance patient outcomes.
- Trained and certified in accelerated recovery performance, MLS laser therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, and ultrasound.
- Combined clinical expertise include: myofascial release, myofascial trigger point therapy, intra-oral trigger point therapy (for TMJ/jaw pain), Craniosacral therapy, Graston technique, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, reciprocal inhibition, pre- and post-surgical massage, pregnancy massage, deep tissue massage, orthopedic/sport massage and reflexology.
- Extensive knowledge of human anatomy and mechanics and anatomy related to human movement.
- All Affinity clinical massage therapists are licensed in Illinois and actively participate in continuing education.