Dr. Saldanha is a founding member of Midwest Anesthesia and Pain Specialists. He is double-board certified in both anesthesiology and pain medicine. During his training at the University of Illinois, he was chief resident during his final year of residency. In addition, he was recognized with the Walter Kowalski achievement award for most outstanding new resident during his training. He has presented his research in numerous national conferences in the fields of neurobiology, chemistry, anesthesiology, and pain medicine.
In addition to providing clinical care, Dr. Saldanha has an interest in developing innovative models for healthcare delivery. He has an extensive background in healthcare management and administration. He is also the founder of the Hyde Park Surgical Center, a state-licensed, multi-specialty outpatient surgical center focused on the care of work-related musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Saldanha is a compassionate physician who is driven to provide healthcare to patients, regardless of background. He founded a free healthcare clinic serving patients in underserved areas in Chicago which has since provided care to thousands of patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Dr. Pontinen is a double-board certified anesthesiologist and interventional pain medicine specialist, and co-founder of Midwest Anesthesia and Pain Specialists. In addition to training under some of the nation’s top experts in anesthesiology and pain medicine, he has also undergone formal training as a resident in general surgery, which allows him to perform the most innovative procedures in pain medicine safely and skillfully.
Dr. Pontinen has published multiple journal articles, written textbook chapters and has presented at international conferences in the fields of surgery, anesthesiology, and pain medicine. His research on chronic wound pain was featured in Pain Medicine News, the nation’s top source of information in the field of pain medicine for healthcare professionals.
Aside from his research, he is a compassionate physician who works daily to help his patients regain their lives and get back to doing the activities they love. He is passionate about treating the most complex pain cases in a comprehensive, integrative and holistic approach, combining multiple treatment modalities with the most innovative, minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Pontinen also volunteers with various international organizations, including Doctors Without Borders, the world’s largest and most important health care related volunteer organization. Through them, he is able to travel to the most unstable parts of the world, providing medical care to those most in need. He is also an avid snowboarder, mountain climber, and drummer.
Our considerate and reliable Medical Director Dr. Julia Millman M.D is an Anesthesiologist and has extensive training in procedures requiring anesthetizing patients using needles and finesse. It is her passion to provide patients with safe and effective treatments.
Heidi is our highly qualified and gifted nurse practitioner. Heidi has a true passion for Regenerative Medicine and improving the lives of our patients through PRP and Regenerative Stem Cell procedures.
With 20+ years of experience in providing injections for medical therapies, she has quickly adapted her skill through specialized training in regenerative medicine and has provided us with accurate and quality procedures here at Affinity Integrated Healthcare since 2015.
- Heidi received her BSN from University of Wisconsin, Madison. MSN in Burn / Trauma Nursing from University of Cincinnati.
- Nurse Practitioner certificate from Ball State University.
- Practiced as an RN for over 20 years.
- Career spanned ICU and ER nursing and included nurse educator for a flight team in Minnesota.
- Has practiced as a Nurse Practitioner for over 12 years.
- Practice sites include Regenerative Medicine, Family Practice, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics.
- Sanjoy Roy, PT has over a decade of physical therapy experience, ranging from hospital to private outpatient settings.
- He has been a director, clinical instructor, guest lecturer, business owner, entrepreneur, and has dedicated his life to bringing quality care to his patients.
- He is especially skilled in manual therapy, joint mobilization, dry needling/acupuncture and has a keen interest in treatments of spine pathologies and sports injuries.
- He has certifications from the McKenzie Institute USA, and is a certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist from the National Sports & Conditioning Association.
- In his spare time, Sanjoy is a husband, father, participates as a Toastmaster, enjoys reading books on finance/value investing, and trains for triathlons.
- Practiced chiropractic medicine for over 25 years and treated thousands of patients in the northern Chicago suburbs.
- Pioneered interactive chiropractic/physical medicine concept by co-working with physical therapists, clinical massage therapists, trainers, and medical doctors.
- Completed 6 additional years in orthopedics and rehabilitation training to effectively manage multi-discipline practice.
- Studied in Prague, Czech Republic, to learn advanced methods of treatment.
- Post Graduate Diplomate Program in Rehabilitation, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic.
- Post Graduate Diplomate Program in Orthopedics, National College of Chiropractic.
- Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine, Western States Chiropractic College.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Southern Illinois University.
- Practiced chiropractic medicine for 15 years; in the northern Chicago suburbs for the last 13 years.
- Worked directly with medical doctors in multidisciplinary health clinics.
- Certified in Graston technique, upper extremities Active Release technique and Kinesio-taping.
- Trained in Cox Technic Flexion Distraction therapy; over 100 hours of acupuncture instruction.
- Member of American Chiropractic Association.
- Worked as a pharmacy technician during undergraduate studies.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, National University of Health Science.
- B.S. in Biology, National University of Health Science.
- B.A. in Psychology and B.A. in Sociology, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Affinity Lake Forest welcomes Dr. Sinai. Over the past 28 years, Dr. Todd Sinai has developed a faithful and steady patient base due to his commitment to integrating fitness, conservative rehabilitation and nutrition in his chiropractic approach. Some of his favorite aspects of practice have been the wonderful relationships he has developed with patients and other healthcare providers, as well as the privilege of working with diverse and friendly staff members.
In practice, Todd is most passionate about combining chiropractic care with physical rehabilitation. He personalizes patient care by using different techniques tailored to each patient’s specific needs.
Todd is certified in the McKenzie Mechanical Disc Therapy Parts A&B, a conservative treatment approach that incorporates noninvasive techniques for injuries to the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine. He also frequently utilizes Diversified and Gonstead seated cervical techniques. His office hours will start in April, 2020.
- Combined over 60 years practicing physical therapy, strength training and advanced therapeutic techniques.
- Experienced team collaboration with physicians and clinical massage therapists to enhance patient outcomes.
- Physical Therapist Assistant degree.
- Combined team certifications and rich experience include: American Council on Exercise certified personal trainer, Graston technique, Craniosacral therapy, MLS laser therapy, accelerated recovery performance, electrical muscle stimulation, Kinesio-taping, and traction.
- Coursework includes anatomy, spinal rehabilitation, manual therapy, ultrasound, advanced therapeutic technique, exercise nutrition, and Young Living essential oils.
- All Affinity physical therapists are licensed in Illinois and actively participate in continuing education.
- Combined over 70 years practicing clinical massage therapy and team collaboration with physicians, physical therapists, and advanced techniques therapists to enhance patient outcomes.
- Trained and certified in accelerated recovery performance, MLS laser therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, and ultrasound.
- Combined clinical expertise include: myofascial release, myofascial trigger point therapy, intra-oral trigger point therapy (for TMJ/jaw pain), Craniosacral therapy, Graston technique, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, reciprocal inhibition, pre- and post-surgical massage, pregnancy massage, deep tissue massage, orthopedic/sport massage and reflexology.
- Extensive knowledge of human anatomy and mechanics and anatomy related to human movement.
- All Affinity clinical massage therapists are licensed in Illinois and actively participate in continuing education.